Our Success Stories!!
We are making a difference.
- December, 2007
- MacArthur - Towards the end of our presentation, a girl broke down and cried.
- July, 2007
- Lafayette - After our presentation, a child disclosed child abuse to their teacher.
- June, 2007
- One day after our presentation, a student disclosed abuse at home.
- May, 2007
- Two days after our presentation, a student disclosed abuse at home.
- September, 2005
- Five students shortly after our presentation disclosed abuse. All five disclosures were immediately turned over to the police and social services.
- January, 2005
- Immediately after our presentation to the 4th and 5th grade students at another school, one girl reported her sexual abuse to school officials. Action has been taken.
- November, 2004
- Immediately after our presentation to the 4th and 5th grade students at a school, two girls reported their abuse to school officials. Action has been taken.
- October, 2004
- A 5th grader, after listening to our presentation, told her parents that a neighbor was sexually abusing her. Her parents did not believe her. Per our Program, the girl told her school teacher. The molester was arrested that day.
- Although individual reporting by students of abuse is confidential, abuse incidents in general is public information. We do not know how many incidents resulted from our presentations, but from these known incidents, we feel we are making a difference.
These are some of our volunteer presenters who are making a difference in Long Beach.